Thursday, September 19, 2013

Who Am I?

The enigma we call life, basically just flat out sucks. Let's get real here, me, a person trying to discover who I am, but I don't really know what is "me" or how to find "me". Everyone knows there is no handbook that tells you the to how to do's in life. Trying to write your own story is brutal, when you don't even know the meaning of the words. 

In Robinson's poem, "Miniver Cheevy," I wanted to tell Miniver "I get you!" and "Same here!" To me I thought he was alone, that he felt abandoned and there was nothing left to do but drink on. We are all alone in life, until we choose not to be. When we stop looking at our feet and take a second to look right, to a friend, and left, to another friend, we might accept life a little bit more. Second, Miniver is confused. He is struggling to convince himself that he is in the right place, the right time in history. Time and time again he lectures to himself about where he would be accepted, possibly where it would make him happy. I think, why do others have to accept us when the greatest happiness can come from accepting ourselves. People desperately try to impress others so that they are loved; they want to feel wanted, needed, and have a purpose. I believe, if we love ourselves and what we stand for people will accept us, they will love us. A character who "wept that he was ever born" is a character running while covering his own eyes. Do you not want to live Mr. Miniver? Yeah, "I get you!" and "Same here!" but there is a time when we have to seize the day, even if we don't know which one it is. Life, again, basically just flat out sucks, but know what, when we walk on we won't even notice life sucked in the first place. Have faith in our story, have hope for who we are, and that is what makes the individual journey through life truly worth living for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment